When It Comes To Getting Outstanding Results For Our Clients, There Is No Substitute For EXPERIENCE, PASSION, DEDICATION, And Almost Three Decades of Cases and Trials…
It’s important to understand that what follows cannot be purchased or asked for. The below information, ratings and awards come from confidential and independent peer review and recommendations from other people, lawyers, judges and groups across the country. We invite you to check us out and listen to this short audio to learn more about our high ratings…
We are very proud to announce that Senior Partner, Jon Mitchell “Mitch” Jackson, has received the prestigious 2013 CLAY Award for Litigation.
According to California Lawyer Magazine, the CLAY Award recognizes lawyers throughout the state who have changed the law, substantially influenced public policy or the profession, or achieved a remarkable victory for a client or for the public and have made a profound impact on the law. More…
Lisa Wilson and Mitch Jackson Receive Top “AV” Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell
Each partner at Jackson & Wilson is a top “AV” rated trial lawyer. This highest “AV” rating identifies a lawyer and firm as having very high to preeminent legal ability and is the highest reflection of expertise, experience, integrity and overall professional excellence. Less than 5% of all lawyers in the United States have received this high rating.
Martindale-Hubbell ratings are established by attorneys for attorneys and as it states, “clearly indicates a demonstration of the highest professional and ethical standards.” We’re very proud to have obtained this top “AV” rating and look forward to providing you with the quality of legal care and service that has resulted in this distinguished recognition.
Listed in the Prestigious Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers certifies that Jackson & Wilson is recognized for the highest professional legal standards and ethics.
The Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register™ is limited to only the most distinguished law practices; those that have achieved the AV® rating in the Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory. The “A” signifies the highest level of legal ability, while the “V” denotes “very high” adherence to the professional standards of conduct, ethics, reliability and diligence.
2009 “Top Gun” Orange County Trial Lawyer of the Year
Each year the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association (OCTLA) recognizes one or more trial lawyers for their work, trial skills, legal ethics and significant accomplishments. In 2009, the OCTLA named Mr. Jackson one of it’s 2009 “TOP GUN” Trial Lawyers of the Year for the results he obtained for his clients in a difficult police misconduct wrongful death case ($5,500,000.00 jury verdict- video below)
The National Trial Lawyers
Senior Partner, Lisa M. Wilson, has accepted an invitation from The National Trial Lawyers composed of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state. Membership is obtained through special invitation and is extended only to those attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature, and profile as civil plaintiff or criminal defense trial lawyers.
It is the mission of The National Trial Lawyers to promote excellence in the legal profession through practical educational programs, networking opportunities, and legal publications that deal with current issues facing The National Trial Lawyer. As supported by her outstanding results, Ms. Wilson enjoys putting more than 27 years of experience hard to work to get clients’ the results they are entitled to!
Million Dollar Advocates Forum (multiple time members)
Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is a prestigious group of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is exclusive and limited only to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members. Both Mr. Jackson and Ms. Wilson are multiple time members.
Avvo Rating- “Superb” 10.0 out of 10.0
The Avvo Rating represents an independent, third party evaluation of a lawyer’s ability, reputation and general background experience. The rating is calculated using a mathematical model developed by Avvo which considers the information shown in a lawyer’s profile, including a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition – all factors that, in Avvo’s opinion, are relevant to assessing a lawyer’s qualifications.
Southern California Super Lawyer
In selecting attorneys for Super Lawyers, Law & Politics Magazine employs a rigorous, multiphase process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with third party research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis.
The objective behind the “Super Lawyer” ratings is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys that can be used as a resource for attorneys and consumers searching for legal counsel. Since Super Lawyers is intended to be used as an aid in the selection of a lawyer, we limit the list to attorneys who can be hired and retained by the public, i.e., lawyers in private practice and Legal Aid attorneys.
“Street Fighter of the Year” Nomination
Each year, the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) presents the “Street Fighter of the Year” award to a trial lawyer who helped create a more just society by overcoming incredible odds without regard to profit or personal benefit. We are honored to announce that this year, our very own Jon Mitchell “Mitch” Jackson, has been nominated for consideration of this prestigious award. Read the full article here…
After a six-month confidential process, Mitch was selected as one of the top 100 litigation lawyers in the State of California for 2013. ASLA’s exclusive membership comprises less than 2% of all licensed lawyers nationwide.
AVVO 2012 Clients’ Choice Award!
Each year, Public Justice is proud to present its Trial Lawyer of the Year Award to the attorneys or legal team who made the greatest contribution to the public interest within the past year by trying or settling a precedent-setting or socially significant case.
Jon Mitchell Jackson Nominated for 2010 “Business Rotarian of the Year” Award!
Summary of Partner Ratings and Achievements
The following list provides a combined summary of our partners’ ratings, achievements and some of the organizations they are or have been involved with…
- Rated- “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- 2009 “Top Gun” Orange County Trial Lawyer of the Year
- Named- Southern California Super Lawyer
- Rated- “Excellent” by Avvo
- The National Trial Lawyers (composed of The Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state)
- Judge Pro Tempore- Orange County Superior Court
- Appointed Arbitrator- Orange County Bar Association
- Appointed Arbitrator- Orange County Superior Court
- Rated- Law Dragon (top plaintiff attorney- highest rating)
- Private Arbitrator and Mediator
- Orange County Bar Association (OCBar)
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association (OCTLA)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- California State Bar Association (Business, Tort and Litigation Sections- CA Bar)
- American Bar Association (Business, Tort, Criminal, Litigation, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law- Asset Protection Planning Sections- ABA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- Multiple time member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (obtained multiple verdicts or settlements in excess of $1,000,000)
- Successfully passed written exam offered by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA) for Trial Attorney Certification (qualifications- extensive trial experience, formal recommendation by numerous opposing trial counsel and trial judges)
- Rotary International members- Past Presidents of Monarch Beach Sunrise Rotary Club, Rotary Paul Harris Fellows and Assist District Governor
- Daily Journal Profile- Partner trial related talents and techniques were profiled in the July 28, 1995, edition of the California Daily Journal.
- Super Lawyers- One or more of our Partners have been named as one of Southern California’s top “Super Lawyers” chosen by his or her peers and through the independent research of Law & Politics. The selection of Super Lawyers is a process designed to identify lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Only 5 percent of the lawyers in each state or region are named Super Lawyers.
- Law Dragon- Superior Rating- One or more of our Partners have received a top rating. Lawdragon provides reviews of lawyers and judges submitted by clients, peers and jurors. Lawdragon bases its rankings on your reviews, as well as its own research. The Lawdragon rankings range from “no ranking” (given to lawyers who have not received the minimum number of evaluations) to the Lawdragon superior ranking.
Consumer Attorneys of California
We are proud to me members of the Consumer Attorneys of California. An organization of more than 3,000 attorneys who represent plaintiffs/consumers who seek responsibility from wrongdoers…
- Consumers injured or killed by defective products or drugs;
- People who suffer discrimination because of age, gender, disability or race;
- Those injured or killed because of another’s negligent acts;
- Citizens whose civil rights have been violated;
- Workers who have been fired unjustly or injured on the job;
- Investors and others wronged by financial institutions (including failed savings and loans);
- Insureds whose lives fall apart when an insurance company acts in bad faith and in violation of its own contract;
- Patients who have been damaged personally and financially by negligent professionals.
Injured consumers need to know that in most instances, the person the CAOC member represents faces an opponent with far more power and access to resources: polluters, governments, big corporations, insurance companies, automobile manufacturers, and banks. CAOC members take cases they view as worthy, invest their own resources in developing and taking such cases to court, often over a several year period, and are paid only from those cases which are successful.