When It Comes To Getting Outstanding Results For Our Clients, There Is No Substitute For EXPERIENCE, PASSION, DEDICATION, And Almost Three Decades of Cases and Trials…
It’s important to understand that what follows cannot be purchased or asked for. The below information, ratings and awards come from confidential and independent peer review and recommendations from other people, lawyers, judges and groups across the country. We invite you to click here to see recommendations and testimonials from past clients and other lawyers in our community.
We are very proud to announce that Senior Partner, Jon Mitchell “Mitch” Jackson, has received the prestigious 2013 CLAY Award for Litigation.
According to California Lawyer Magazine, the CLAY Award recognizes lawyers throughout the state who have changed the law, substantially influenced public policy or the profession, or achieved a remarkable victory for a client or for the public and have made a profound impact on the law. More…
Lisa Wilson and Mitch Jackson Receive Top “AV” Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell
Each partner at Jackson & Wilson is a top “AV” rated trial lawyer. This highest “AV” rating identifies a lawyer and firm as having very high to preeminent legal ability and is the highest reflection of expertise, experience, integrity and overall professional excellence. Less than 5% of all lawyers in the United States have received this high rating.
Martindale-Hubbell ratings are established by attorneys for attorneys and as it states, “clearly indicates a demonstration of the highest professional and ethical standards.” We’re very proud to have obtained this top “AV” rating and look forward to providing you with the quality of legal care and service that has resulted in this distinguished recognition.
Listed in the Prestigious Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
Once again (2014), the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers certifies that Jackson & Wilson is recognized for the highest professional legal standards and ethics.
The Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register™ is limited to only the most distinguished law practices; those that have achieved the AV® rating in the Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory. The “A” signifies the highest level of legal ability, while the “V” denotes “very high” adherence to the professional standards of conduct, ethics, reliability and diligence.
2009 “Top Gun” Orange County Trial Lawyer of the Year
Each year the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association (OCTLA) recognizes one or more trial lawyers for their work, trial skills, legal ethics and significant accomplishments. In 2009, the OCTLA named Mr. Jackson one of it’s 2009 “TOP GUN” Trial Lawyers of the Year for the results he obtained for his clients in a difficult police misconduct wrongful death case ($5,500,000.00 jury verdict- video below)
Also a nominee in 2012 and 2013
The National Trial Lawyers
Senior Partner, Lisa M. Wilson, has accepted an invitation from The National Trial Lawyers composed of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state. Membership is obtained through special invitation and is extended only to those attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature, and profile as civil plaintiff or criminal defense trial lawyers.
It is the mission of The National Trial Lawyers to promote excellence in the legal profession through practical educational programs, networking opportunities, and legal publications that deal with current issues facing The National Trial Lawyer. As supported by her outstanding results, Ms. Wilson enjoys putting more than 27 years of experience hard to work to get clients’ the results they are entitled to!
Million Dollar Advocates Forum (multiple time members)
Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is a prestigious group of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is exclusive and limited only to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members. Both Mr. Jackson and Ms. Wilson are multiple time members.
Avvo Rating- “Superb” 10.0 out of 10.0
The Avvo Rating represents an independent, third party evaluation of a lawyer’s ability, reputation and general background experience. The rating is calculated using a mathematical model developed by Avvo which considers the information shown in a lawyer’s profile, including a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition – all factors that, in Avvo’s opinion, are relevant to assessing a lawyer’s qualifications.
Southern California Super Lawyer
In selecting attorneys for Super Lawyers, Law & Politics Magazine employs a rigorous, multiphase process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with third party research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis.
The objective behind the “Super Lawyer” ratings is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys that can be used as a resource for attorneys and consumers searching for legal counsel. Since Super Lawyers is intended to be used as an aid in the selection of a lawyer, we limit the list to attorneys who can be hired and retained by the public, i.e., lawyers in private practice and Legal Aid attorneys.
“Street Fighter of the Year” Nomination
Each year, the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) presents the “Street Fighter of the Year” award to a trial lawyer who helped create a more just society by overcoming incredible odds without regard to profit or personal benefit. We are honored to announce that this year, our very own Jon Mitchell “Mitch” Jackson, has been nominated for consideration of this prestigious award. Read the full article here…
Orange County Attorney Journal Magazine Profile
Senior Partner, Mitch Jackson, is featured in September’s Orange County Attorney Journal magazine. Mitch shared how being human and embracing social media and digital has helped our firm better serve the local, national, and international communities. Click here to read the article and entire magazine.
The National Association of Distinguished Counsel (One or more partners recognized)
This organization is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence. It’s mission is to objectively recognize the attorneys who elevate the standards of the Bar and provide a benchmark for other lawyers to emulate. Members are vetted by a research team, a blue ribbon panel of attorneys, and a judicial review board. By virtue of the incredible selectivity of our appointment process, only the top one percent of attorneys in the United States are awarded membership in this organization.
The roster of members truly consists of the leading legends of the legal profession. They are featured prominently on networks and in publications such as ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, FOX, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Time, and Newsweek. Click here to read more.
Senior Partner, Jon Mitchell “Mitch” Jackson has been selected by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the Top 100 Litigation Lawyers in CA for 2013, 2014 and 2015
2017 AVVO Clients’ Choice Award
Public Justice- Righting Wrongs- Nominated for the 2013 Trial Lawyer of the Year Award
Each year, Public Justice is proud to present its Trial Lawyer of the Year Award to the attorneys or legal team who made the greatest contribution to the public interest within the past year by trying or settling a precedent-setting or socially significant case.
“…In defense of civil liberties, let us always seek to do what is good and just, reprove what is cruel, rightly defend the tenets of Justice and be a true advocate for those in need of protection…
Nominated for CAOC 2013 and 2014 Consumer Attorney of the Year
The Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) is made up of outstanding advocates who battle powerful interests and win, holding wrongdoers accountable and making life better for all Californians. Many members are worthy of special recognition each year, but they recognize the work of one distinguished member lawyer, or several attorneys working together on the same case, with the Consumer Attorney of the Year Award. The award is given each year to a member who has overcome unusual obstacles or long odds to provide justice to victims as well as assisting consumers or changing consumer law for the better in the State of California.
Jon Mitchell Jackson Nominated for 2010 “Business Rotarian of the Year” Award!
Top 10 Attorney Award
Selected by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Jon Mitchell Jackson, was selected to receive this award for 2013. According to NAOPIA, the award honors the top 10 personal injury attorneys in each state.
Invitation Extended by “Best Attorneys of America”
As stated in their invite letter, “…based on your extraordinary level of legal expertise, competency, professional reputation and ethical standards, you have been selected and are invited to be “Best Attorney” Lifetime Charter Member of Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America.”
Selected to the Top 10 Attorney Award for the State of California
Through a multi-phase process, the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA) has selected Mr. Jackson to receive the organization’s highest honor because of his hard work and dedication shown in protecting the rights of the injured.
Summary of Partner Ratings and Achievements
The following list provides a combined summary of our partners’ ratings, achievements and similar accomplishments:
- Rated- “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- 2009 “Top Gun” Orange County Trial Lawyer of the Year
- 2013 California Lawyers and Attorney of the Year Award (CLAY Award for Litigation)
- Named- Southern California Super Lawyer
- Rated- “Excellent” by Avvo (10 out of 10)
- The National Trial Lawyers (composed of The Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state)
- Judge Pro Tempore- Orange County Superior Court
- Appointed Arbitrator- Orange County Bar Association
- Appointed Arbitrator- Orange County Superior Court
- Rated- Law Dragon (top plaintiff attorney- highest rating)
- Private Arbitrator and Mediator
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association (OCTLA)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- California State Bar Association (Past and Present- Business, Tort and Litigation Sections- CA Bar)
- American Bar Association (Past and Present- Business, Tort, Criminal, Litigation, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law- Asset Protection Planning Sections- ABA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- Multiple time member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (obtained multiple verdicts or settlements in excess of $1,000,000)
- Successfully passed written exam offered by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA) for Trial Attorney Certification (qualifications- extensive trial experience, formal recommendation by numerous opposing trial counsel and trial judges)
- Rotary International members- Past Presidents of Monarch Beach Sunrise Rotary Club, Rotary Paul Harris Fellows and Assist District Governor
- Daily Journal Profile- Partner trial related talents and techniques were profiled in the July 28, 1995, edition of the California Daily Journal
- Super Lawyers- One or more of our Partners have been named as one of Southern California’s top “Super Lawyers” chosen by his or her peers and through the independent research of Law & Politics. The selection of Super Lawyers is a process designed to identify lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Only 5 percent of the lawyers in each state or region are named Super Lawyers.
- Law Dragon- Superior Rating- One or more of our Partners have received a top rating. Lawdragon provides reviews of lawyers and judges submitted by clients, peers and jurors. Lawdragon bases its rankings on your reviews, as well as its own research. The Lawdragon rankings range from “no ranking” (given to lawyers who have not received the minimum number of evaluations) to the Lawdragon superior ranking.
- Expert Witness- Legal Malpractice
- Recommendations and Testimonials